What is landscape design? It is a profession that designs nature and culture with an architecture approach. But how it deals with designing areas? What are the components of landscape design? Why landscape design is important?
Brief Overvıew Of Landscape Design
- Landscape design deals with two main concepts: Hardscape and Softscape. Hardscape contains all non-living elements and Softscape contains all living elements such as plants, flowers.
- It aims to build better living spaces outdoor. Gardens, backyards, rooftops, balconies, etc. are the main fields for landscape design. These fields are both for individuals and for the public.
- This profession is trying to create functional outdoor spaces whereas it makes no compromises to achieve a great and beautiful looking at these spaces. For this, functionality and creating a nice look are two essentials for landscape design.
What is Landscape Design?
- Landscape design is a branch of art more than science. But such as planning, budgeting, analyzing and estimations are far from art. So that to keep the balance between science and art is another key specialty in landscape design.
- Landscape design can reflect the society’s characteristic features with designing public areas such as parks, campuses, and squares, etc. So that we can easily say that landscape design is directly related to social identity.
- It also actualizes the abstract demands into a physical look. You can ask for a refreshing atmosphere, a calm air, or a vivid environment and landscape design turns these abstract demands into a physical area.
- It is a profession and is practiced by professionals. So that, we can’t just define landscape design as putting some flowers and furniture around the related space. It is more complicated than it sounds.
- If you need a landscape design at your outdoor places, then do not hesitate to consult a landscape designer. You will see the difference in how this profession can make difference in your outdoor spaces.
- Landscape design also aims to protect your resources outdoor. Trees, fountains, or walls can be trouble for you and you may want to remove them from your yards. But landscape design can find the best position for them within the master plan and the result can be a miracle!
- Don’t forget that landscape design promises you a higher standard of living, so that you shouldn’t ruin your outdoor spaces just placing some elements by yourself!
Garden Landscape Photos