What are the principles of landscape design? Before starting to design and decorate your gardens and outdoors, do you know what are the principles of landscape design? What happens if you avoid these principles while landscape designing? Are these principles being unchanging rules or can they be flexible case by case?
Basic Principles For Landscape Design
- There are different approaches to the principles of landscape designs. But basically, we can count these principles as simplicity, variety, balance, emphasis, sequence, proportion, and unity.
- If you take into consideration these principles, then you would be avoiding extra costs, fails during the design process, and loss of time with unnecessary work.
- To be simple will let you to reach the optimum design level. To decide the most suitable elements and not preferring items which will not add value or make difference in the landscapes provide you the simplicity.
- Not to stick the same models and colors in landscape design is very crucial. Without going far from the simplicity, be sure that you are ensuring variety in the shapes and colors of the materials.
- Aiming for the perfect balance while landscape design will bring every element form a single body. Both symmetrical and asymmetrical approaches can help you to get the required balance.
What Should Be Considered When Making Landscape Design?
- You can use tones of a single color, but emphasizing another color within the main color tones can change the game. For this, you should be clear about what and where to emphasis your leading color and element.
- The items and elements that you are going to use in landscape design should have a compatible sequence within your design goal. Sharp or smooth passes from one element to another can give the main spirit to your design.
- Never ignore the proportion of the elements in the landscape design. If you will use tall items, then placing smaller elements around them is always a risky move. Consider the sequence that you are aiming for, then estimate the proportion between the elements that you are going to use.
- All the elements, colors, and shapes should be the embodiment of your landscape design. So, to form this body, all these items should have unity within the landscape design context.
- Your creativity and imagination are the sparkle of the landscape design, but if you don’t guide this sparkle with these principles then the sparkle can blow out.
Garden Landscape Pictures