How do you decorate a blue wall? The blue shades of the sky and the sea in the worldare the strongest set of colours. Blue has a refreshing, relaxing and soothingeffect that opens people’s horizons. If it is properly included in home decoration, you feel these effects however, when the shades of blue are used incorrectly, the result would be devastating.
How do you decorate a blue wall? No matter it is a living room, kitchen or any corner of the house, a blue wall must be sustained with warm shades.
Points to Consider in Decorating a Blue Wall
- The lighting of the room selected furniture and ornaments must include soft colours.
- It is necessary to avoid coatings, ornaments and curtains in black and dark blue shade.
- The colour transitions of the blue wall should be coordinated and provided preferably with white.
- Blue ceiling decor should transit from ocean blue to light blue shades, by this means more indelible impression is left.
- So mix your blue rooms with warmer colours to avoid cold or sad mood. Use natural materials, wood, warm colours like pink, yellow and brown.
- Dark blue shades may cause melancholy therefore, this should be preferred in rooms with plenty of light. If there are full-length windows on 2 walls of the room, it is convenient to use blue.
- Pair light blue walls with a bright silver statement piece for a great unified look. Complement blue walls with pops of yellow. Use yellow in your pillows and in your furniture.
The psychology of blue color
Blue has a calming and cool effect. It is mostly associated with harmony, confidence, distance, infinity, cold and sadness. Because of its calming effect, blue works well in bedrooms.
Blue Wall Decorating Idea